Piecing It Together

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Covering Cindy: Day 1

Cindy, my sweet baby sister, will be graduating high school a year from now. It's bittersweet for me, as I started my undergraduate studies the same day she started Kindergarten. Now she's graduating high school just as I will, hopefully, be finishing my PhD. We've both come a long way, Cinders.

So in honor of our transformations, I will be transforming this pile of pinks, purples, greens, and one really awesome black cherry print into an extra-long twin-size quilt.

I'm going to do another log-cabin square design. It involves adding layers of two shades, which I've complicated by using multiple prints of each shade. Here is what I have so far. The cherry print is the center square, since she loves cherries and I couldn't think of a better way to personalize it for her than to showcase some Bing cherries. I've pieced two of the three layers of pinks/purples/reds onto one side and have started the three layers of greens on the other. When I'm done there will be 18 squares with 3 layers of pink and 3 layers of green each to make a 3x6 design for the quilt. And with any luck it'll look cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home