Piecing It Together

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Covering Cindy: Day 3

I'm not sure I'll get to quilt today as there are three veils that need to be made first. I've decided on the zig-zag pattern and it's going to fade through the quilt, so the top will be a light pink "zig", then a light green one, then a darker pink, darker green, light purple, even darker green, and finally the purple. Hopefully it'll look cool. And now that I've done all the planning for this quilt and how to build the squares to do a design like that, now I'm excited to do another one like that. I want to build a quilt with color bands in the stripes or zigs.

As I build this quilt, Cindy is on her way to Mississippi for two weeks with her church youth group to help rebuild hurricane damaged areas. I'm so excited for her to have this opportunity to be part of something so big. Of course I worry about her, though. She's so much like me, that I just know we'll be hearing about her stepping on nails, wacking herself with a hammer, or even just something as common as totally forgetting to put on sunscreen and frying herself in the intense southern sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home