Piecing It Together

Monday, January 07, 2013

Baby S Quilt


Heart and chick
Family tradition means a new baby quilt for the firstborn in each of my 40+ cousins' families.   The work has been spread across a few households, but we're still woefully behind.  This project came together today and will be for a little girl who is nearly 2, I think!  Probably just as well she's not a baby anymore; these bright colors are better fit for an active toddler!

My aunts and cousin taught me how to do "chicken scratch" embroidery years ago and using the patterns on Katie's baby quilt, some I found online, and just some free form guessing I made the four for this quilt.
Frog


Elephant.  This came out huge and will hopefully look cuter with the quilting around it.
Attempted reproduction of this based on what I could count.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home