Piecing It Together

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Covering Cindy: Day 60 Something



I am a piecing Queen. In a matter of 3 hours of "break" time from my coding, while Katie napped and then played with Rob, I added the last 3 pinks and 17 greens. I pieced all 18 squares together. And this, this beautiful stripey goodness, is the final pieced design.




The finished pieced top is only 37"x 78" and the final extra-long twin quilt needs to be 72"x108x so I still have to add about a yard of border to each dimension. I am off to the store today to try to find some of the black cherry, light floral, medium pink, and dark
green to finish it off.

My middle sister is coming to visit in a week and if all goes well I'll get a break before then and be able to finish this so I can send it home with her. The tradition has always been that every grandkid gets one of these when they graduate highschool. Since my grandma passed away the task of making the quilts has been assumed by a few of the cousins and some of the aunts. This year three other cousins graduate with Cindy and so there's a bit of a rush to get it into the frame and started before it gets too close to the graduation dates. Plus, with me, the 2 hour process of cutting and adding the border strips will probably take 3 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home