Piecing It Together

Monday, June 01, 2009

Quilt: done!

I got the border put on (a 3" wide strip of 2" wide bars; sort of like fat piano keys; a little of each fabric) and tonight we pencil-ed on the quilt pattern and sandwiched it and then I promptly folded it up and packed it into a shipping box to get to the mom-to-be for her baby shower this weekend.


And then realized I forgot to take a final picture. Doh!

From some of the leftover fabric I pieced a scrappy doll quilt. The border of the main quilt is the same as each row of this quilt.

It's about 18" x 30" and will be a nice blanket for a baby doll or even to toss over the car seat. I sent it off with the package but will probably request it back so I can actually quilt it.




The only details left for this project (aside from all that actual quilting) is to make the binding. For what I have in mind I need about 1/4 yard of the strawberry colored fabric which, apparently, no one carries anymore. I guess that's what I get for using something out of my 2+ year old stash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home