Piecing It Together

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

"Quilt in a day" my @$$

What kind of day do these people work under? Obviously a toddler free one. And while we're at it, one devoid of potty breaks, email checks, realizations that the third green fabric hasn't been washed, the second pink is a few strips short, a block has fallen behind the ironing board and was missed for a few rounds, the quick project you tossed on the machine between blocks changed your settings and you forgot to change them back and now all the blocks are out of wack and need to be redone, and, yes, that would be yet another telemarketer calling.

I haven't touched the quilt since early June. Brides are piling up thanks to a referral on theknot.com and school is flashing huge red warning signs about deadlines and graduation and conferences. I need a quilting break more than ever and can't afford one more than ever. I may have to just force myself to take the break later this weekend.

This, right here, is why I start my "quilt in a day" projects over a year before they're intended gifting. Quilt In A Day. Ha.

1 Comments:

  • Okay, I have my doubts about "quilt in a day" too. Never having tried it, I can't say for sure, but it definitely doesn't sound right.

    But. But. Did you or did you not make that awesome kitty activity book in A DAY??? That blows my mind.

    Oh, and too? Tell your husband that his comment, which you mentioned in your comment on my blog, made me laugh so hard my kids came to see what was funny.

    And since the last thing that made me laugh on the Internet was that OK Go video that started it all, you can bet they were disappointed when all I could tell them was "someone said something nice about my quilts!"

    By Blogger Jennifer, at 10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home